Munchkin gets the honor of being a flower girl for my (youngest) punk brother’s wedding. I’m making her fairy dress and wreath. Here is the first “fitting”.
You know when you write a paper and you make an outline, then a rough draft, then make edits, and then turn in a final copy? Well let’s just call this my outline. The wreath is not actually held together and the dress isn’t sewn. Also, it’s miles too long right now. But the real question is – what says you, bride?
As a side note, she (shockingly) was not into doing a fashion show or getting her picture taken. So, being the astoundingly kind and compassionate mother that I am, said, “OK, we will go fast.”
And I don’t know what she is doing with her hand – I think that’s her Dad’s genes.
New clothes for the munchkin from 2010.
A tank top “upcycled” to a toddler dress. I had to wing it. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but I love it.
These were old tank tops. I used this pattern, which is my go-to for pants or shorts.
The skirt and pants were a score from an estate sale. They were almost completely finished except for the waistband.
An old long sleeved shirt. I ran out of material to make the hood, so it ended up just being an over-sized collar, which I love.
Also, I wanted a storage system for her growing number of stuffed toys. I looked around and found a bean bag made of stuffed animals. We had been talking about getting a bean bag for her anyway and I thought I probably could make something that would suffice. I had some help from my sister-in-law and made this!
The munchkin loves it and I am so happy with how it turned out.
I’ve also been into making thigh-high leggings for the munchkin. I just take knee socks, cut off the foot and do a zig-zag seam. Fast, easy, and impressive.
All of these projects were based off of other people’s tutorials (which are linked where appropriate) but then were frankensteined to suit my laziness, incompetency, and other “issues” (like not having any bias tape, not knowing what a french seam is or how to do it, etc…). I am a very beginner in the world of sewing, so any fault you see is not due to the tutorials, just me. All of these items were 100% repurposed.
Some new pants from old pants of mine. I have further designs on these pants, but haven’t gotten around to doing anything more with them.
New seatbelt covers – I strayed wildly from the tutorial. And I learned how to make my own bias tape – let’s pretend it was easy.
New dress made from one of G’pa J’s old Hickory logging shirts. I can’t help but wonder what he would think about that. I just barely followed the tutorial for this dress and the next. Apparently I can’t be bothered to actually measure twice and cut once. No, I am more of the stitch it in, seam rip it out, then again – oy again and one more time – again (each time trying it on an increasingly testy little munchkin). Done.
A new little Hawaiian dress.